9/26/2011

Advertising on the Internet, that's great !

Last time, we talked about a burning issue dealing with the Internet : privacy. I know it's not necessarily the most important thing right now, but I think it's rather interesting to discuss about the specific case of advertising on the internet. The internet has fostered new practices, such as banners, classified ads, or search advertising that allow advertisers to target interested consumers and assess the impact of their ads on them.


Brands are now allowed to create their own pages on some social networks and are given access to members' data. I think this is a revolutionnary way to communicate with brands. Brands are no longer impersonal. On the contrary, they are trying to be closer and closer to us. They can reach a whole group of customers just by sending friend requests or thanks to newfeed alerts.
I think this is a double-edged sword for the brands but it can also frighten users ! As for me, i know i'm afraid to know that my personal data can be observed, monitored. And sometimes, information colletected may turn out to be unreliable...

No comments:

Post a Comment